1.0 Key DefinitionsData processing: Data processing is any activity that involves the use of personal data. It includes obtaining, recording or holding the data, or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the data including organising, amending, retrieving, using, disclosing, erasing or destroying it. Processing also includes transmitting or transferring personal data to third parties. Personal data: Personal data is any information identifying a data subject (a living person to whom the data relates). It includes information relating to a data subject that can be identified (directly or indirectly) from that data alone or in combination with other identifiers Walkern Parish Council possesses or can reasonably access. Personal data can be factual (for example, a name, email address, location or date of birth) or an opinion about that person’s actions or behaviour. 2.0 How we process your personal information We do not trade personal data for commercial purposes and will only disclose it if required by law, if it is necessary to arrange a service you have asked us for, or if it is with your consent. We will not use your information for automated decision making or profiling. Walkern Parish Council uses providers (processors) based in the European Economic Area to process associate data.
3.0 Information you give to usThis is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you:
- Use our website
- Order any services or products offered by us or register for our promotional events
- Register to receive downloadable information, newsletters or other information
- Send us a request to contact you or when you report a problem with our product or services
- send you information you have requested
- process orders for products and services
- inform our marketing and sales activities
- provide you with news and information which we think may be of interest to you and with information about our products and services
4.0 Information we collect about youWith regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information: Information about your visit, including items you viewed or searched for; page response times; length of visits to certain pages. We will use this information:
- to administer our site so that it works well when you visit (we may also ask you for your opinion to help us do that) and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so as part of our efforts to keep our site secure
5.0 Information we receive from other sourcesThis is the information we receive about you: From our third party service providers (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical and delivery services, search information providers).
6.0 Legal basis for processing your informationWe process your personal information lawfully and fairly in accordance with data protection laws. We may process your personal information where we are:
- performing our business functions and activities generally
- providing services to you
- in receipt of your consent to our processing of your personal information
- presented with a legal obligation to do so or we have a legitimate interest to do so, for
7.0 Sharing your informationWe may disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- Our professional advisers and services providers with whom we work collaboratively to bring you services and information you have requested. In all circumstances this will be made clear at the time of collecting your data.
- If Walkern Parish Council or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about you will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8.0 Where we store your personal dataAll email information you provide to us is stored in our databases on a secure server located within the EEA (European Economic Area). Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. 9.0 Retention of your personal data We will only keep your personal data within the time-frames allowed by law and for so long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
10.0 Your rights under the GDPR
10.1 Access to personal informationIndividuals who are the subject of personal data held by Walkern Parish Council Ltd are entitled to:
- Ask what information the company holds about them and why
- Ask how to gain access to it
- Be informed how to keep it up to date
- Be informed how the company is meeting its data protection obligations
10.2 Correcting personal informationIndividuals may ask us to correct any personal information about them that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
10.3 Deletion of personal informationIndividuals have the right to ask us to delete personal information about them where:
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained
- We are using that information with your consent and that consent has been withdrawn
- You have validly objected to our use of their personal information
- Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations